Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the questions below to display the corresponding answer.
1. How is the skin classified, from a biological standpoint?
- How is the skin classified, from a biological standpoint?
- What are the epidermis and the dermis?
- What causes premature aging of the skin?
- What is DermaStem™ Renewal Serum?
- How is DermaStem different from other creams and lotions marketed to fight the signs of premature aging of the skin?
- How does DermaStem work at the cellular level?
- What is the role of hyaluronic acid (HYA) in the skin, how is the loss of HYA in the skin linked to premature aging, and how is DermaStem addressing the situation?
- How is DermaStem processed?
- Why is cold infusion important?
- Why is DermaStem better than other topical skin creams and lotions on the market?
- Why isn't DermaStem white, as most skin creams and lotions are?
- How did the scientists developing DermaStem arrive at the formula we are using?
- How do I use DermaStem?
- Can I use DermaStem with other products?
- Does DermaStem work in partnership with other Stemtech products?
- Is there any AFA in DermaStem?
- Can DermaStem harm delicate skin?
- Can people of any age benefit from DermaStem?
- Why does the DermaStem label say "Keep out of the hands of children. If ingested, consult a doctor"?
- How should I store DermaStem?
- How long should each container last?
- What is the shelf life of DermaStem?
- What is the weight of each container of DermaStem?
- How do I introduce DermaStem Renewal Serum into my daily skin care routine?
- Should men use DermaStem before or after shaving?
- Because AFA is in DermaStem, do people on blood thinners need to check with their doctor prior to using?
- I notice that in the morning when I wash my face there is a slight mocha coloring on my wash cloth. Is the product not absorbing into my skin?
- How is DermaStem preserved, stabilized and the natural components protected without the use of chemicals?
The skin is the largest organ in the body. It comprises two layers, the epidermis (outer) and the dermis (inner) layer.
2. What are the epidermis and the dermis?
Simply, the epidermis is the outer layer and the dermis is the inner layer of the skin. The epidermis is comprised of a network of cells whose primary functions are secretion, selective absorption, protection and detection of sensation. The dermis is comprised of cells that supply nourishment to the epidermis, secrete collagen (providing strength) and elastin (providing flexibility), as well as cells that fight infection and store fat. Also in the dermis are glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) providing stability.
3. What causes premature aging of the skin?
A variety of factors, including genetic predisposition, toxins in the environment, lifestyle choices, the slowing of cell regeneration, and insufficient hydration, lead to the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin and a lack of suppleness, elasticity and tone, as well as discoloration and fading. These are all signs of premature aging of the skin.
4. What is DermaStem™ Renewal Serum?
DermaStem is the only skin care product that taps into the potential of skin stem cells to revitalize the skin at the cellular level. Its all-natural formula includes dozens of ingredients taken directly from the forests and jungles of the world, and combined in an emulsion of natural oils.
5. How is DermaStem different from other creams and lotions marketed to fight the signs of premature aging of the skin?
DermaStem is the only product on the market that works at the cellular level by supporting the natural role of the stem cells present in the skin, leading to a more youthful appearance. In addition, DermaStem is processed using cold infusion that preserves the delicate essence of each plant as well as a sound-wave sanitizing technology called SoniPure™
6. How does DermaStem work at the cellular level?
The elements in DermaStem's formula provide the ideal environment for the regenerative properties of the skin's stem cells. By supporting the proliferation of skin stem cells and providing the building blocks of the skin matrix, DermaStem increases skin's elasticity and moisture retention in the skin, leading to a smoother skin surface. DermaStem also provides strong antioxidants to protect the skin.
7. What is the role of hyaluronic acid (HYA) in the skin, how is the loss of HYA in the skin linked to premature aging, and how is DermaStem addressing the situation?
The matrix of the skin is made of a complex interaction of proteins and glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) of which hyaluronic acid (HYA) is one of the most important. In a young skin, HYA is highly branched, but as we age the skin's ability to synthesize branched HYA decreases. Highly branched HYA, as seen in young skin, can absorb up to 1000 times its weight in water. The loss of branched HYA therefore leads to dryness,
loss of skin integrity and wrinkle formation. DermaStem contains RejuvHayl™
, a unique ingredient that supports the formation of branched HYA in the skin. The presence of cytokines and other ingredients that support the function of skin stem cells further supports the rejuvenation of the skin.
8. How is DermaStem processed?
Each plant is extracted in a blend of black mamaku, aloe and berry juices, through a cold infusion process that preserves the integrity of all components of the plants. The oil and water phases are emulsified using all-natural ingredients and a proprietary process of high sheer homogenization. The final product is sanitized using a proprietary sound-wave technology called SoniPure™
9. Why is cold infusion important?
The unique properties of each plant in the DermaStem formula could not be sustained if the blending process involved the use of heat, solvents or alcohol extraction techniques. Therefore, each plant's extraction is through cold infusion in natural juices, preserving each plant's delicate essence for best results.
10. Why is DermaStem better than other topical skin creams and lotions on the market?
DermaStem is the only product that has been shown in studies to work in partnership with the body's renewal system, adult stem cells. By providing a "welcoming environment" for the natural role of stem cells in the skin, DermaStem's ingredients support the very natural renewal system of the skin. By coupling DermaStem with SE2®
and ST-5 with MigraStem™
, Stemtech's nutritional supplements and DermaStem work for the rejuvenation of the skin from the inside and the outside for inner health and outer vibrance.
11. Why isn't DermaStem white, as most skin creams and lotions are?
The mocha-hue of DermaStem reflects the natural blend of ingredients from Nature. Creams that are white generally include whitening agents that whiten their blend. Since DermaStem contains absolutely nothing chemical or harsh, the product comes to you in its natural state, which disappears into the skin immediately, leaving no residue – as many creams bleached with petro-chemicals do.
12. How did the scientists developing DermaStem arrive at the formula we are using?
DermaStem is the result of: 20 years of study of ethnobotany and herbalism, worldwide searches of forests and jungles, endless hours in the laboratory – and just a little "obsession" with the absolute necessity to create the very best, healthiest, safest and most effective organic, chemical-free skin care product available anywhere on this planet. Their mission: to create and all-natural product that would deliver
the latest stem cell technology for skin care… and we think they succeeded.
13. How do I use DermaStem?
After cleansing your face, gently smooth on one to two pumps of DermaStem to the delicate areas of the face morning and night. For best results, apply to entire face and neck.
14. Can I use DermaStem with other products?
Yes. Use your favorite skin cleansing product, then smooth on your dry skin. Apply DermaStem. Wait 1-2 minutes before applying a moisturizer.
15. Does DermaStem work in partnership with other Stemtech products?
Yes. As SE2, StemFlo and ST-5 with MigraStem renew dermal tissue from within, DermaStem renews the epidermal tissue to produce the dual benefit of inner wellness
and outer vibrance.
16. Is there any AFA in DermaStem?
Yes. AFA is a good source of antioxidants. But more importantly, AFA was found to have a strong effect on the proliferation of skin stem cells, supporting the natural
process of skin renewal.
17. Can DermaStem harm delicate skin?
This serum contains absolutely nothing artificial. There are no petroleum derivatives, preservatives or chemicals of any kind in the DermaStem formula. As with any product, however, we suggest you consult with your health care practitioner if you have any concerns.
18. Can people of any age benefit from DermaStem?
Yes. DermaStem's formula is appropriate for younger people who a looking to preserve the vibrance, tone and youthfulness of their skin, and for people of every age who are looking to rejuvenate their skin.
19. Why does the DermaStem label say "Keep out of the hands of children. If ingested, consult a doctor"?
While there is no evidence to suggest that taking DermaStem internally can cause harm, this is a topical product meant for use on the skin only. The product warning is merely meant as a caution for people with small children.
20. How should I store DermaStem?
Opened containers of DermaStem should always be stored in a cool, dry place – out of direct sunlight. Refrigeration is recommended for unopened containers.
21. How long should each container last?
Four pumps per day (two morning/two evening) will equate to approximately a two month’s supply.
22. What is the shelf life of Dermastem?
The shelf life of DermaStem is approximately 6 months. Since the ingredients are completely natural and active, refrigeration of unopened containers is recommended to ensure longevity of the product.
23. What is the weight of each container of DermaStem?
1 fluid ounce or 30 ml.
24. How do I introduce DermaStem Renewal Serum into my daily skin care routine?
First cleanse, then tone and immediately apply DermaStem while your skin is still damp. If you don’t use toner, lightly towel dry after cleansing and lightly pat DermaStem onto the delicate areas of the face while skin is slightly damp. For optimal results, apply to your entire face. Follow with your moisturizer, SPF protection and/or make up, if they are part of your daily routine.
25. Should men use DermaStem before or after shaving?
Apply DermaStem after shaving. Lightly towel-dry your face and apply while your face is slightly moist/damp. Lightly smooth on.
26. Because AFA is in DermaStem, do people on blood thinners need to check with their doctor prior to using?
AFA in DermaStem does not enter the bloodstream and therefore, it does not have an impact on the effectiveness of blood thinners. AFA will be absorbed along with the other natural ingredients to the skin’s dermal layer where renewal takes place.
27. I notice that in the morning when I wash my face there is a slight mocha coloring on my wash cloth. Is the product not absorbing into my skin?
The mocha coloring of DermaStem comes from the combination of the dozens of natural ingredients, many of which have a strong color. The product is absorbed very quickly when you smooth it across your skin. Some of the coloring you are seeing in the morning, after the product has been absorbed in your skin overnight, is a residue of these strongly pigmented natural ingredients. Rest assured, DermaStem is being absorbed and working on reducing wrinkles, increasing moisture and increasing elasticity!
28. How is DermaStem preserved, stabilized and the natural components protected without the use of chemicals?
There are many natural compounds that have antibacterial properties, such as essential oils from cinnamon, clove, or oregano, but they impart to the product typical and unpleasant smell and some of them can even be photosensitive to the skin. The development of the antibacterial principle for DermaStem comes from observations of flowers. Flowers growing in moist environment such as rainforest contain antibacterial and anti-fungal components that keep them blooming at times for weeks without being affected by microbial growth. We tested hundreds of flowers and natural extracts and identified two natural extracts containing significant antibacterial properties. As part of Stemtech's research, we also developed a sound wave technology called SoniPure™ that sanitizes the product with the use of specific sound waves. The complex of both plant extracts and SoniPure gives the product a 100% natural protection and stability.